- Benefits of Online Pilates Instructor Training
- How to Become a Pilates Instructor
- Thinking About Getting Your Pilates Certification Online?
- How Much Does it Cost to Become a Pilates Instructor?
- How to Prepare for the PMA Exam
- Pilates Instructor Certification Program for Studio Owners
- How to Start a Pilates Studio Business
- 7 Reasons to Become a Pilates Instructor
- Anatomy Matters; Prone Hip Extension
- Anatomy Matters; Stretching the Glute Max
- Anatomy Matters; Hip Flexion vs. Spine Flexion
- Hip Turnout and the Deep Six in Pilates
- Proper Form for Pilates Bridge
- Teaching Proper Hip Hinge Mechanics
- Toe and Foot Exercises for Preventing Bunions
- Safe Spinal Flexion in the Pilates Roll-up
- Turns out I have a blog!!
March 08, 2016 - Carrie Cohn
Hi! Welcome to the Daily Teaser! We set this site up years ago as a way to share thoughts and news about the Pilates and wellness lifestyle. Shamefully, I got busy and haven’t written anything for years. But so much is happening everyday in the Pilates/fitness/wellness business and I find myself wanting to share thoughts again.
So who am I? I’m Carrie Cohn, MBA, PMA-CPT, I founded Personal Best Fitness, a Pilates-only fitness studio in the Kansas City Area in 2000. In response to what we perceived as low quality, high-cost, inconvenient Pilates teacher training in our area, my sister, Amanda, and I started Personal Best Pilates Instructor Academy in 2003. More about Pilates teacher training in future posts (it’s a topic in which I’m very interested). For now, I’d like to share a little about me. I’m a middle-aged (ahem) former aerobics and group fitness instructor, and breast cancer survivor (4 years now!!) I’m married with no children. I was never a skinny dancer. Consequently, I have felt like an “outsider” in this industry – no more so than when I served as the Secretary on the Board of
Directors of the PMA. More discussion on what I perceive as the exclusiveness of the Pilates industry to come.
What do I want to talk about? Pilates exercise, owning a Pilates business, leadership, Pilates teacher training and the future of the Pilates industry. And finally, I’d like this blog to be a space for rational, thoughtful and respectful discussion. If you spend anytime at all on some popular facebook Pilates groups, you know what I mean. The level of rancor between certain factions in our industry may be entertaining, but not at all productive for the rest of us. If you don’t know what I mean… stay tuned.
So who are you? What do YOU want to talk about? Are you a Pilates studio owner? If so – what issues are you dealing with? Are you a Pilates teacher? I hope you will share your thoughts, challenges and ideas with me!