Online Pilates Reformer Teacher Certification Course
Start a new career teaching Pilates Reformer classes!
The Reformer is the most versatile and popular piece of Pilates equipment. In fact, many gyms, fitness centers and Pilates studios offer ONLY Reformer classes to their customers. Our Online Pilates Reformer Teacher Training course will fully prepare you to design and teach safe and challenging Reformer private and group classes.
IMPORTANT NOTE – Our goal is to provide you the highest quality Online Pilates Certification, and to set you up for a successful career teaching Pilates. In order to accomplish this, we have a few prerequisites and require customers to be pre-approved for this course. Please click here to contact us for pre-approval prior to purchasing this course.
- Online Pilates Mat Certification (or equivalent)
- Anatomy and Biomechanics for Movement Instructors (or equivalent)
All customers must be pre-approved prior to purchasing this course. Please fill out the pre-approval form below.
Course Details at a Glance
Cost $1,149 for Reformer Certification only (115 hours)
BEST DEAL - Bundle Online Mat Certification, Online Anatomy and Reformer Certification for $1,599 (save 35%!)
- 200 total hours including prerequisites
- Instant downloadable PDF course manual
- Self-paced video lectures on beginning, intermediate and advanced Pilates Reformer exercises
- Student Assignments
- Accessory Video Lectures on topics including:
- Pilates History
- The Importance of Teaching Proper Alignment
- Client Safety
- Professional Etiquette and Customer Service
- Cueing and Teaching Skills
- Client Intake, Assessment and Goals
- Risk Management
- $340 value at NO ADDITIONAL COST!
- Practical Exam
- Written Exam
- One to one mentoring via Zoom or Skype with a Master Instructor
Continuing Education Credits:
ACE and NPCP (formerly PMA) continuing education credits are available for this course
Also included in ALL Online Pilates Certification Courses:
- Assignments, quizzes and exams
- Throughout the lectures, you will be directed to complete teaching assignments
- Bonus content on a variety of topics, including full length workouts, class choreography ideas and deeper dive discussions
- Private PIA customer chat room to connect with other PIA Online Certification Customers
- Practice teaching with distance mentor (up to one hour distance mentoring included. Additional time can be purchased, if needed)
- At the completion of the final video lecture you will be prompted to take the final written and practical exams
- Final certificate issued after you’ve successfully completed the written final exam
- FREE trial listing on our Certified Instructors page
Q – Will this certification course prepare me to teach Pilates Reformer classes?
A - YES! Our course provides everything you need to teach safe, effective and fun Pilates Reformer classes to a variety of participants of varying skill. Combined with our Online Pilates Mat Certification and our Online Anatomy & Biomechanics for Movement Instructors, the course is 200 total hours of in-depth curriculum.
Q – I don’t live near a Pilates studio. Do I need access to a Reformer to take this course?
A – Practicing the Pilates Reformer exercises is integral to becoming a well-rounded Pilates teacher. Therefore, you will need access to a Reformer, either in your home, Pilates studio, gym or fitness center to successfully complete this course.
Q - How long does it take to complete the Online Pilates Reformer Teacher Certification?
A - You can take up to one year to complete the Online Pilates Reformer Teacher Certification, however most people find they can complete the entire course within 6-9 months.
Q - Why do I need to be pre-approved for this course?
A - Investing in a Pilates Reformer Teacher Certification is a big decision. We want 100% of our customers to successfully complete our Pilates Certification courses and have a great experience while doing so! Our #1 goal is to provide the highest quality Online Pilates Teacher Certifications. In order to accomplish this, we have a few prerequisites. They are Comprehensive Mat Certification and Anatomy & Biomechanics for Movement Instructors (or equivalent)
Q - If I don't meet the minimum prerequisites does that mean I can't take the Online Pilates Reformer Certification?
A - Not necessarily. If you don't meet some or any of the prerequisites, we can provide additional support. Our goal is to provide the highest quality Online Pilates Teacher Certification, and prepare our customers for successful careers teaching Pilates!
Q - Is this course a NPCP (formerly PMA) Certification?
A - NO. The National Pilates Certification Program (formerly PMA) does not train instructors to teach. While many instructors and studios are only interested in offering Pilates mat and/or Reformer classes, the NPCP does not recognize mat and/or Reformer only certifications. The NPCP is a non-profit Pilates Teacher Certification accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA). In order to sit for the NPCP exam, you must be comprehensively trained on all Pilates equipment (minimum of 450 hours). Click here for information about our 505 hour Online Comprehensive Pilates Teacher Training.
Q - What if I need more help?
A - No problem!! We are here to help you. Our master instructors will be available to answer questions and support you. Call us at 888-251-2080 or email us to discover your path to a new career teaching Pilates!
Terms and Conditions