Ready to Become a Pilates Instructor?
Pilates Instructor Academy's Online Pilates Teacher Certifications© are:
√ Tried and true (we've been training Pilates teachers since 2001)
√ High-quality (our courses exceed industry standards for excellence)
√ Affordable (we offer flexible payment plans and no hidden costs)
√ Accessible (you can study online, in your own home, at your own pace)
√ Inclusive (we believe great Pilates teachers come in all shapes, sizes, ages and from all backgrounds)
√ Good for planet earth!! (no travel means you can reduce your carbon footprint while investing in your Pilates career)
Pilates Instructor Academy's©
Online Pilates Teacher Certifications at-a-Glance
Pilates Mat Teacher Certification
65 Hours - Online
Pilates Reformer Certification
200 Hours - Online
Full Pilates Equipment Certification
255 Hours - Online
(505 hours for NPCP*)
|65 hours - $649||
200 hours - $1,599 lump sum discount
12 monthly payments of $179
255 hours - $2,025 lump sum discount
12 monthly payments of $229
Included in your Online Pilates Mat Certification
Included in your Online Pilates Reformer Certification
Included in your Online Pilates Equipment Certification
*Want to sit for the NPCP Exam (formerly PMA Certification)?
NO EXTRA COST - Just add:
To ensure our customers the greatest success with our online Pilates teacher certifications, we have a few prerequisites.
Online equipment certifications require access to the appropriate Pilates equipment for movement practice
Online Pilates Teacher Certification Details
PIA’s Online Pilates Teacher Certification is for the serious Pilates instructor looking for a college level, exercise science-based Pilates instructor certification but doesn’t live in any area served by PIA or our Licensees (click to view schedule and location of live courses). Our online Pilates Teacher Certifications are the same quality and detail of our live courses and will help you develop critical skills needed to design and teach creative, safe Pilates classes. Our curriculum includes the applied anatomy and biomechanics for each Pilates exercise, and provides a thorough examination of classical versus contemporary Pilates styles. Additionally, you will receive personal guidance and feedback from a Master Instructor.
Pre-requisites: Knowledge of Pilates movements and /or experience as a group fitness, dance or yoga instructor, and a basic understanding of anatomy. All customers must be pre-approved prior to purchasing PIA's Online Pilates Certifications©.
Online Pilates Mat Certification:
- 55 (equivalent) hours of recorded video lectures which you can watch at your convenience and pace includes:
- A history of Joseph Pilates and his method of exercise
- Anatomy and biomechanics of the pelvis, hip, spine and shoulder
- Foundations of Pilates: core, breath, alignment, balance, awareness
- Preparatory movements to teach important concepts about Pilates exercises
- Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced Pilates exercises
- How to modify and vary Pilates mat exercises
- Stretches that work well in Pilates classes
- How to design safe, effective and FUN Pilates mat classes
- Contraindications to Pilates mat exercises
- 10 online mat classes to be used for observation and self-practice
- 10 hours of observation is required
- Log sheet is provided for additional hours or if you wish to watch live classes in your community
- Observation notes are provided to help guide your observation
- Self-practice is taking Pilates classes taught experienced Pilates instructors
- 10 hours of self-practice is required
- Log sheet is provided for additional hours or if you wish to take live classes in your community
- 10 hours of observation is required
Online Pilates Reformer Certification
- 200 total hours including prerequisites
- Instant downloadable PDF course manual
- Self-paced video lectures on beginning, intermediate and advanced Pilates Reformer exercises
- Student Assignments
- Accessory Video Lectures on topics including:
- Pilates History
- The Importance of Teaching Proper Alignment
- Client Safety
- Professional Etiquette and Customer Service
- Cueing and Teaching Skills
- Client Intake, Assessment and Goals
- Risk Management
Also included in ALL Online Pilates Certification Courses:
- Assignments, quizzes and exams
- Throughout the lectures, you will be directed to complete teaching assignments
- Practice teaching with distance mentor (up to one hour distance mentoring included. Additional time can be purchased, if needed)
- At the completion of the final video lecture you will be prompted to take the final written and practical exams
- Final certificate issued after you’ve successfully completed the written final exam
Our online and live Pilates teacher training and certifications exceed the highest standards set in the Pilates, fitness and bodywork industries, and are recognized by leading authorities for continuing education credits, including:
- NPCP - The National Pilates Certification Program (formerly the Pilates Method Alliance, PMA)
- ACE - The American Council on Exercise
- NCBTMB - The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork
We proudly support our US Military families! Military spouses may qualify for tuition assistance through MyCaa.
Looking to sit for the NPCP (formerly the PMA) certification exam? Pilates Instructor Academy's 505 hour comprehensive equipment certification exceeds the requirements to sit for the Certified Pilates Teacher (CPT) exam offered by The National Pilates Certification Program (NPCP), formerly the Pilates Method Alliance (PMA).
FAQ's about PIA Online Pilates Certifications
YES! PIA's Online Pilates Teacher Certifications provide everything you need to teach safe, effective and fun Pilates mat, Reformer and even full Pilates equipment classes to a variety of participants of varying skill. The courses are 100% online, so you can study at your own pace, on your own schedule and in your own home.
You can take up to 1 year to complete your Online Pilates Mat Teacher Certification, and up to 18 months to complete your Online Pilates Reformer and/or Equipment Teacher Certification. However, we've found that most people do not need that much time to complete their certifications.
Investing in a Pilates Mat Teacher Certification is a big decision. We want 100% of our customers to successfully complete our Pilates Certification courses and have a great experience while doing so! Our #1 goal is to provide the highest quality Online Pilates Teacher Certifications. In order to accomplish this, we have a few prerequisites. They are knowledge of Pilates movements and/or experience as a group fitness, dance or yoga instructor as well as a basic understanding of anatomy.
If you don't meet some or any of the prerequisites, we can provide additional support. Our goal is to provide the highest quality Online Pilates Teacher Certification, and prepare our customers for successful careers teaching Pilates!
Online Pilates Mat Teacher Certification:
If you are taking the Online Pilates Mat Teacher Certification, you don't need to live near a studio. You can do 100% of the course work at home on your own mat! The course includes 10 pre-recorded Pilates mat classes ranging from beginning level to advanced. You can watch these courses and take notes using our Observation Notes sheet to meet the observation requirement. You can participate in the instructor led work out for the self-practice requirement.
Online Pilates Reformer and Equipment Teacher Certification:
If you are taking the Online Reformer and/or Comprehensive Equipment Certification, you will need access to Pilates equipment to complete the course. This can be done on Pilates equipment in your home studio or a local Pilates studio, gym or fitness center. If needed, we can work with you to find a suitable studio near you to support your certification.
NO. Pilates Instructor Academy© is a private company offering Pilates teacher training programs and certifications for Pilates Mat, Reformer and Comprehensive Pilates Equipment teachers. Neither the Pilates Method Alliance (PMA) nor the National Pilates Certification Program (NPCP) trains instructors to teach. The NPCP offers an exam that awards their title of Nationally Certified Pilates Teacher (NCPT). In order to sit for the NPCP (PMA) exam, you must complete at least 450 hours of Pilates teacher training*. This 450 hour training minimum must include mat, Reformer, Trapeze Table, Pilates Chair, Ladder Barrel, Spine Corrector and the Magic Circle. If your goal is to take the NPCP (PMA) Pilates certification exam, your PIA Comprehensive Pilates Equipment Teacher Certification is a total of 505 hours (both in-person and online formats), and will fully prepare you to take the NPCP (PMA) exam.
*IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT NPCP (PMA) PILATES CERTIFICATION-the NPCP (PMA) does not recognize mat and Reformer-only Pilates certifications.
Cancellation Policy for Live Workshops
In order to serve all our clients, we require a minimum of two (2) weeks notice of cancellation for refunds. There will be a 25% administrative fee for all cancellations made with two weeks or more notice. Unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds for cancellations made with less than 2 weeks notice.
Cancellation Policy for Online Courses and Certifications
We cannot issue a refund for any online course or certification after it has been purchased.
A High Speed Internet Connection is required to fully experience our online learning materials in the manner they were intended.
Important Smartphone User Note: While it may be possible to register for and view these online programs on a smartphone, WE STRONGLY DISCOURAGE USING A SMARTPHONE WITH THIS PROGRAM. Due to the smaller screen size and inconsistency of carrier coverage areas and speeds, smartphones will not allow you as a user to gain the full experience and Pilates Instructor Academy does not intend it's online learning materials to be accessed in this manner.
Internet Connection Speed:
For the best experience, a high speed internet connection is highly recommended. Lower bandwidth connections may still allow you to register for and access our webinar videos and download any included documents, but you may experience buffering or extended load times. Many internet providers (ISPs) supply connection speed information to their customers on their company websites. Please consult your ISPs' technical specs or help resources to ensure your connection speed is sufficient prior to purchasing materials.
Please Note: At times, connection speeds can increase or decrease due to the volume of traffic on the internet and the ability of ISP servers to handle the amount of traffic they are receiving or other factors may cause connection speeds to fluctuate. It's recommended that you verify your current connection speed, before you begin a webinar, using an online speed test (which are provided free of cost to you) on such websites as http://www.speedtest.org/ or http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ (as example).
Browser Compatibility Recommendations:
- Windows: Firefox, Chrome
- OSX: Firefox, Chrome, Safari
- The following browsers are NOT RECOMMENDED at this time: Edge, Internet Explorer 7, Internet Explorer 8, Internet Explorer 9
We are here to support your Pilates teacher certification - and we LOVE talking to customers! Contact us by click the Get Started Now button, or call/text us at 888-251-2080. Or, follow Pilates Instructor Academy on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
Terms and Conditions